Our guests have developed a treatment protocol that can reverse the effects of the abortifacient mifepristone and be given to women who change their mind after a medical abortion. They tell us the story of their pioneering work and of the international network of physicians that is now in place to provide the therapy. We discuss the challenges that remain when the medical establishment is ideologically resistant to supporting women in their second choice.
Mary Davenport, MD: Practice website
- Abortion Pill Rescue website
- Delgado, G, et. al. A Case Series Detailing the Successful Reversal of Mefiprestone Using Progesterone (In Issues in Law and Medicine)
- Creinin, M, et al. Mifepristone Antagonization with Progesterone to Prevent Medical Abortion: A Randomized Clinical Trial (free access in Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Graham, R. A New Front in the War Over Reproductive Rights: “Abortion-Pill Reversal” (in The New York Times)
- Grossman D and White K. Abortion “Reversal”: Legislating Without Evidence (in New England Journal of Medicine)
WATCH ON YOUTUBE:
Watch the episode on our YouTube channel
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Make a small donation on our Patreon page on and join our discussion group or receive a free book.