Hadiza Bawa-Garba was convicted of involuntary manslaughter by a British court for her role in the care of a patient in a hospital setting fraught with system failures. Our guest is Dr. Saurabh Jha who returns on the show to share his insights on this case. Dr. Jha trained in the NHS but practices in the United States as Assistant Professor of Medicine at University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. He is intimately familiar with the details of the Bawa-Garba case and has recently returned from London where he attended the most recent legal proceedings in the physician’s appeal of the General Medical Council’s decision.
Saurabh Jha, MD: Twitter
- Saurabh Jha. To Err is Homicide in Britain: The Case of Dr. Hadiza Bawa-Garba (The Health Care Blog).
- Saurabh Jha. If Hadiza Bawa-Garba Worked in the US She Would Still Be a Doctor. (The Guardian)
- Saurabh Jha. The Doctor Who Thwarted the Charge of the General Medical Council (The Health Care Blog)
- Saurabh Jha. Dr. Jonathan Cusack versus the General Medical Council (The Health Care Blog).
- Ganfyd site entry of the Bawa-Garba case, with all the relevant facts and court documents.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE:
Watch the episode on our YouTube channel